At Advanced Urgent Care of Pasadena, we understand how difficult it can be to find the time to undergo COVID-19 testing, especially for those who are working remotely and caring for children and family members. That’s why we’re offering an alternative, rapid COVID-10 testing. But we wanted to provide you a bit more information here to help you better understand why we’ve implemented rapid testing services in Pasadena, so take a look!
Rapid Testing Provides Faster Results
With the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in full swing, we’ve begun to offer rapid testing to provide faster results for those in higher risk areas, as well as to limit the transmission of the virus in more remote areas without easy access to drive-by testing facilities. This is one of the most important tools available nowadays to help keep essential workers safe, as well as provide more quality testing options to those at greater risk of contracting the virus. Rapid testing will also be beneficial to those in long-term care facilities and certain workplaces that place people at greater risk.
According to officials, these rapid testing methods help health officials better identify and manage COVID-19 outbreaks, stopping them before they have a chance to grow out of control. With the latest technology, our team can provide test results in a manner of hours, even minutes, rather than having to wait for days while patients may be at risk.
Testing for Underserved Communities
For areas that don’t have easy access to affordable testing opportunities, these rapid testing methods are an attempt to provide patients with accessible options that are quick and reliable. It’s also important to determine asymptomatic cases that can play a role in local outbreaks.
Important Facts About COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing
If you’re considering investing in a rapid test, it’s important to understand that:
- Rapid testing is performed at licensed locations. Those that serve the community outside of the traditional public healthcare setting are all thoroughly vetted and assessed.
- Antigen testing employs a nasopharyngeal swab that helps identify specific proteins from the virus, determining if a particular patient is in need of further testing or not.
- Testing from most locations offering rapid COVID-19 testing solutions is often only available by appointment only at licensed testing centers.
- Those who are visiting a rapid testing location are expected to follow all health and safety measures in place and stay two meters apart from those not in your household, as well as wear masks and stay home if you’re not feeling well.
COVID-19 Testing from Advanced Urgent Care
Please note that no testing is available now without an appointment!
For those interested in rapid COVID-19 antigen testing from Advanced Urgent Care of Pasadena, online reservations will be available soon but you can also visit our website or call (626) 304-0404.
- Groups of 10 or more should call for instructions.
- Rapid testing is performed at the back of the building Monday-Friday, 8 am-7 pm; Saturday-Sunday, 9 am-4 pm.
- There is a $165 fee that’s non-refundable, nor billable to any insurance providers.
- You’ll receive results in 15-20 minutes.
- Rapid antigen testing detects live, active infection.
- This testing method has been authorized by the FDA.
- Testing offers 99.9% accurate positive results.
- 4% Accurate negative results (compared to PCR).
Traditional COVID-19 PCR Testing
In addition to our rapid testing solutions, Advanced Urgent Care of Pasadena also provides traditional COVID-19 PCR testing for those who need it.
- Those undergoing COVID-19 PCR testing should check-in at the front desk.
- The testing process is as follows: a nasopharyngeal swab is performed, and the specimen is then sent to a reputable lab.
- You can bill your insurance company for the visit; however, it also requires an office visit with your provider.
- For those without insurance coverage, the fee is $165.
- Results will be delivered in around 2-7 days, however, it’s not currently possible to guarantee a turnaround time due to the high frequency of testing at our facility.
- COVID-19 PCR testing detects live, active infection.
- Please note that patients are notified of their results as they become available (don’t call for results unless it has been at least 6 days since you have been tested).
Be Aware of COVID-19 Symptoms
If you’re exhibiting noticeable symptoms, please stay home and seek medical attention. Some of the leading symptoms of the virus include:
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Discoloration of fingers or toes
- Loss of a sense of smell or taste
- High fever
- Dry coughs
- Muscle fatigue or pains
Contact Advanced Urgent Care of Pasadena today to schedule your testing appointment!
For those interested in rapid COVID-19 testing or PCR testing, you can contact us today to schedule your appointment. When you visit us for testing, please follow all of the recommendations on our website and limit your exposure to people before visiting our location. After you’ve visited our clinic for testing, go straight home, and limit your contact with others until your results come back. Those in need of prescriptions will be directed to come back to the clinic to receive their prescriptions or medication.
For more information, don’t hesitate to visit us online or call (626) 304-0404 to speak to one of our healthcare professionals.