We are working tirelessly to accommodate as many patients as possible, your patience and understanding is appreciated. Online reservations are coming soon.
COVID-19 RAPID ANTIGEN TEST
- If you are a group of 10 or more please call for instructions.
- Performed at the back of the building Monday – Friday 8am to 7pm. Saturday – Sunday 9am – 4pm.
- Fee is $120, Non-Refundable, not billable to any insurance
- Results in 15-20 minutes
- Detects live, active infection
- FDA Authorized test
- 99.9% Accurate positive results
- 88.4% Accurate negative results (compared to PCR)
COVID-19 PCR TESTING
- Check-in at the front desk.
- A Nasopharyngeal Swab is performed, and the specimen sent to a reputable lab
- We can bill your insurance (requires office visit with provider and vitals)
- Fee is $135 (without insurance)
- Most results in 24-36 days (not possible to guarantee turn around time)
- Detects live, active infection
- RESULTS:Patients are notified with their results as they become available, please do not call for results unless it has been at least 6 days since you have been tested. We are receiving hundreds of calls for test results. You will receive a phone call by 8pm the day the lab releases your result.
COVID-19 ANTIBODY TESTING
- Requires a sample of the patient’s blood
- Blood draw performed in office only (patients must be asymptomatic)
- We can bill your insurance (requires office visit and vitals)
- Fee is $165 (without insurance)
- Results in 2-3 days
- Detects past infection with COVID-19
Due to limited parking, you may be asked to park on the street and stand in line.
Carpooling is recommended if there are multiple individuals in your family/group getting tested.
We can only perform ONE COVID-19 test per person per visit.
Masks are required.
Please bring a valid ID, form of payment (Cash or Credit) and a pen to write with to your appointment. (no checks or American Express)
Urgent Care HEALING HOURS:
8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm Saturday-Sunday
*No appointments are needed for all other urgent care visits. We take our last patient 30 minutes prior to closing
WHEN SHOULD I BE TESTED?
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER MY COVID-19 VISIT?
Please be advised that if you are using your insurance, and not experiencing any symptoms and have no known exposure or possible exposure, including pre-op visits, return to work, or travel, your visit may or may not be fully covered by your insurance. The rates for your office visit are determined by your insurance, not our facility. If you have questions about your coverage and financial responsibility, please call your insurance directly. RAPID TESTING IS NOT COVERED OR BILLABLE TO ANY INSURANCE.
BOARDING A FLIGHT?
- We are not participating in the Hawaii travel program
- Patients are solely responsible to determine which test is required by their airline
- Patients are solely responsible to determine timeline for testing
- We cannot guarantee the lab processing time for PCR testing
- Advanced Urgent Care of Pasadena is not responsible if patients are denied entry or are forced to quarantine upon arrival to their travel destination.
FREE COVID-19 TESTING
- Not available at our facility
- Please visit the Los Angeles County Public Health Website for locations
WE ARE CURRENTLY RECEIVING HUNDREDS OF CALLS A DAY AND ARE UNABLE TO ANSWER ALL CALLS AT THIS TIME. IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING COVID-19 OR YOUR FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, PLEASE VISIT THE CDC WEBSITE OR CALL YOUR INSURANCE DIRECTLY. YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING IS APPRECIATED.
The COVID-19 coronavirus continues to be a threat here in California, and around the country. Due to how easily it spreads, and how many lives have been lost to the disease, it’s important to seek out COVID-19 testing in Pasadena if you suspect that you’re infected.
Getting tested safely can be difficult, but Advanced Urgent Care of Pasadena is here to help you get the attention you need.
Know the Symptoms
One of the challenges with COVID-19 is that its symptoms are often the same as many other colds and cases of flu. In general, its symptoms can include:
- High fever
- Dry coughs
- Muscle fatigue or pains
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Discoloration of fingers or toes
- Loss of a sense of smell or taste
Even if you have some of these symptoms, it does not necessarily mean you have the coronavirus. That is why testing is so important!
Keeping Everyone Safe If You Need COVID-19 Testing Near You in Pasadena
Advanced Urgent Care wants to make sure our COVID testing in Pasadena is as safe as possible. That’s why we work to limit your exposure to other people until we can properly assess the situation.
If you think you might have symptoms of the coronavirus, you should first reach out to our medical team. Do not go directly to the clinic. Call or email our front desk to discuss your symptoms. If necessary, we may also schedule a video-conferencing call using our virtual doctor visit service, to get more detailed information from you.
If your doctor believes that you need COVID-19 testing, you’ll be directed to visit the clinic. However, you should stay in your car. We’ll come to you, wearing proper safety gear, and collect the samples we need to perform the testing.
Then you should go straight home. Try not to come into contact with anyone else. We will get back in touch with you once the test results are in. This will generally take a few days, but we will contact you just as soon as they arrive. If you need prescriptions, we’ll direct you to come back to the clinic, and we’ll provide your medications service as well.
Working to Protect California from COVID-19
We’re all working together to stop the coronavirus, and that means limiting contact with each other. Again, if you suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19, don’t come to the clinic. Contact us for a consultation first!